PLEASE NOTE: This blog contains adult subjects and content, and because of Google/Blogger's recent nonsense, I HAVE MOVED TO WORDPRESS. For my enlightened friends who wish to visit me in my new home, it's https://ericalscott.wordpress.com. Please bookmark it!

The rest of you? Please take your judge-y selves somewhere more wholesome, like here: www.wonderbread.com

Go on.... shoo!



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Semi-bored Tuesday

I actually had some work today. Someone found my work listing somewhere online and gave me a cold call. This person is self-publishing a book and his document just needed one thing... a new writer. (sigh) But work is work.

Earlier today, I was getting my hair cut, and my hairdresser mentioned that they had chocolate mint cookie yogurt at YogurtLand, a popular self-service frozen yogurt chain in these parts. And of course, I couldn't stop thinking about it after I left.

I struggled with that wretched file for about three hours and thought, I deserve a reward, dammit. It wasn't super hot outside, and there is a YogurtLand about a half-hour walk from my place. So I put on my iPod and went for a brisk walk, figuring I'm burning off the calories in advance.

Finally get there... and no chocolate mint cookie yogurt. @#$%&*!!!!! However, they did have dark devil's food chocolate and coconut together in one machine, so you could swirl them. That plus some chocolate syrup tastes like a Mounds bar. Yum.

And then another half-hour to walk back home. Incidentally... walking for an hour after some heavy-duty spanking the night before? I don't recommend it. My butt muscles hurt with every freaking step. Yeah, yeah, I know. No one feels sorry for me.

I noticed there's a 50-question meme floating around the blogosphere. I haven't seen one of those in a long time -- back in the MySpace days, I used to see those silly things nearly every day. For whatever reason, I'm a sucker for them. So, because I'm bored, here goes. Feel free to copy and do it yourself on your own blog, if you're of a mind to.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?

Sort of. Jews have a tradition of giving their children a name that begins with the same initial as a deceased relative's name. My mother named me with an E name in honor of her aunt Elsie. Thank god she didn't name me after the Borden cow!

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

Hmmm... for once, I don't remember. Sometime last week, I think.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?

(shrugging) Who handwrites anymore? I guess it's OK.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

Turkey

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?

I do not.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

LOL... these things always have the requisite really stupid questions. I dunno. Maybe. I wouldn't expect a whole lot from me, though.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?

Nahhhhhhhh... why on earth would I do that?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?

Nope; had them out at 11.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?

Sure... right after I flap my arms and fly to the moon.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?

I mix different ones; I like stuff with raisins and nuts. But not dates -- blech!

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?

Not if they don't have laces.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?

Physically? So-so. Emotionally? Not very.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?

That's like asking what my favorite movie is -- too many choices to pick one.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?

Oh, come on, let's be honest here. The absolute first thing we see of anyone is how they look, so I will say looks.

15. RED OR PINK?

Red

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?

My inflexibility and fearful nature.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?

My father

18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE EXERCISE?

Weights and machines.

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?

Not wearing any at the moment.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

Frozen yogurt! :-)

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

iTunes radio -- Radio Bop 60s.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?

Spank Me Scarlet

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?

Anything baking, fruity/citrusy scents, my sweetie's hair

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?

John

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?

Neither -- a four-star hotel!

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?

Don't like sports.

27. HAIR COLOR?

Brown

28. EYE COLOR?

Brown

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?

No, glasses

30. FAVORITE FOOD?

Starchy stuff (bread, pasta), seafood, fruit and veggies

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?

Happy endings (no, not those kinds, you perverts)

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (taped it from TCM, after Elizabeth Taylor passed away). Good gawd, what a downer film.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?

Magenta tank top.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?

Winter

35. HUGS OR KISSES?

What, I can't have both?

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?

Pretty much anything chocolate, but a couple of favorites: Marble cake with chocolate frosting, German chocolate cake.

37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?

Both. But if I only have time for one, then strength training.

38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?

Computer with the television on in the background. Oh, and for just sitting and watching a movie or TV show, always the television. Don't like watching programs on a small screen.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

Dick Van Dyke's autobiography.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

My mouse -- duh!! Seriously... Quentin Collins. Yes, really.

(where the hell is #41?)

42. FAVORITE SOUND?

The sound of one hand clapping. The non-sound of absolutely blissful silence.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?

Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?

New York

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?

I have perfect pitch and an uncanny memory for useless trivia. Other than that, I'm quite ordinary.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?

Beverly Hills, California

47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?

Encino, California

48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?

I don't have a house. My apartment building is tan with rust-colored trim.

49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? Silver

50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?

All except the stupid ones, like that one.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Erica, the frozen yogurt you had today sound's YUMMY :-) I Love the color you picked for a crayon Spank Me Scarlet,that sound's WONDERFUL, The question's are fun to answer but some of them are really stupid hehehe LOL. Of course you can have both hug's and kisse's your the GREATEST my dear friend, Love you from your naughty girl Jade xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm mm mm .. hate to tell ya this hawkeye.. but you're off on number 44.. good thing you have a keeper like me huh?

    ROFLMAO...
    Encino, CA to NY = 2800.80 miles
    Encino, CA to CT = 2927.03 miles

    WINNING!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Zelle...busting out the MapQuest, huh? :P

    Why does nothing ever happen on Tuesdays?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade -- they're ALL pretty stupid. But I was bored. :-D

    Zelle -- ROFL! Are you bored today too? To be honest, I completely guessed. It was a choice between NY, CT, VA, NH and FL -- I'm geographically challenged and I was too damn lazy to look it up! ;-)

    Pink -- Tuesdays, for me, are recovery. But they're still boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bored? Nope, not really.. never a dull moment around here.. but I of course couldn't pass that up cause you're just too much fun to kid around with.. you always have a witty retort... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Erica. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We watched Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf and Taming of the Shrew after her death. I find the first to be her best performance. They were all excellent. I put aside thinking about the alcohol and enjoy the acting. YMMV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! German chocolate cake! I haven't had that for many decades. My mother used to bring one home from Woolworth's once a week.

    You don't see many memes these days. Thanks for reviving an old tradition.

    Hugs,
    hermione

    ReplyDelete
  9. joey -- you're welcome. :-)

    OBB -- I agree, the acting in Woolf was phenomenal. But what sad, ugly people and miserable lives!

    Hermione -- it's soooo rich, but oh so good. John and I will go to a favorite coffeehouse now and then and share a piece (they cut humongous slices at this place). Heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I want to say that I had a dream last night (for real!) that I was reading your memoir. Like I haven't got more important issues going on in my life? I wonder what Freud or Jung would have to say about that.

    Secondly, you may have been feeling bored this afternoon, but this questionnaire--with your comments--was hilarious. But I think you are way off base with question #45. No way are you ordinary....

    And lastly, we should all have both: hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dana -- really?? Wow. I daresay that was a dream that no one else has had!

    And thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried to post this last night using my google account and it didn't go through, not sure what I did wrong so trying to comment as anonymous.

    I have to chime in on the "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf' question. Compared to California they don't shoot all that many movies in western Massachusetts, but this one was shot here ("Carnal Knowledge" and "Malice" are the most significant of the other films filmed here so we seem to specialize in the depressing).

    I first saw "Who's Afraid" at Sage Auditorium at Smith College, the dome of which is the last shot of the movie. When we came out the faculty house across the lane had "the" swing installed under the tree, one of the eeriest experiences of my life. For the anal retentive among us the bay window of that last scene is actually pointing 90 degrees away from Sage Auditorium. When I saw the movie the house had already been converted to offices and storage areas, I wonder if they couldn't get any faculty to want to live there after the movie came out.

    The roadhouse scene was shot in a now defunct restaurant in Hadley, there were also a lot of shots of Smith campus such as the greenhouse.

    Anyway, I thought you might be interested in a few personal details about your last movie.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don -- I'm a trivia nut, so I love stuff like this. Thanks!

    It was amazing to me that Elizabeth Taylor was only 33 years old in that film. She really threw her glamorous image (and her actor's ego) out the window. And what a performance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, that chocolate mint cookie yogurt sounds divine. I shouldn't read things when I'm hungry. Second, I remember all the constant getting to know you type My Space bulletins. They were up practically every day. Usually there would be some stupid question like "#17. Have you ever killed someone?" And people would answer "if I had, would I say so on My Space?" Ah, My Space...

    Enjoyed reading your responses. I know a lot of silly trivia myself, though I'm awful at the original Trivial Pursuit. But I've played enough to have memorized that if you answer Charles Lindbergh, Chinatown, or Belgium you'll fare okay in the game. Lol. I've been called the idi-date savant with my odd knowledge of birthdays and things. Do you know what well known actor (though these days is known for being a bit crazy) is turning 50 on July 3?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea -- I was better at the Baby Boomer edition of Trivial Pursuit than the original. Yeah, knowing a lot of bizarre and arcane stuff is a little scary. :-)

    Hmmmmm... Tom Cruise's birthday is July 3, and he's nuts, but he's going to be 49. I give up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erica, you ARE good! It was Tom Cruise, I hope he forgives me for aging him. I mistakenly thought he was 50 this year rather than 49. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. To Erica my 'yiddishe' friend. A couple of items intrigged me. Elizabeth Taylor, I once had the good fortune of interviewing her, at the Plaza Hotel here in New York City, along with her husband at that time, this being Richard Burton, about the movie "Dr, Fautus". As for travelling, I have set foot in over 142 different national countries. Seeing such sights as the Taj Mahal, India, Great Wall of China, Pyramids of Egypt, and Safari's of Africa. The world is truly beautiful, Erica, just like you, my spankable 'yiddishe' friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. six -- you interviewed them? Wow!

    As for seeing the world -- if I could see all those places without dealing with airports, cramped planes, baggage fees, passports, cancelled flights, and the overall hassle of traveling, I'd love to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Erica, think positively, and the world could be your's. You could become a beautiful stewardess, after you have finished your 'spanking movie' career. Try it, you might like it. First stop 'El Al' airlines, my 'kosher kutie'.

    ReplyDelete