PLEASE NOTE: This blog contains adult subjects and content, and because of Google/Blogger's recent nonsense, I HAVE MOVED TO WORDPRESS. For my enlightened friends who wish to visit me in my new home, it's https://ericalscott.wordpress.com. Please bookmark it!

The rest of you? Please take your judge-y selves somewhere more wholesome, like here: www.wonderbread.com

Go on.... shoo!



Friday, May 13, 2011

Freaking Blogger issues!

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone. Apparently, Blogger decided to commemorate the occasion a day early, by experiencing an epic FAIL all day yesterday and into today as well. Blogs disappeared, blogs came back. Blogs could be read but not commented to. Comments disappeared then came back. Blog came back but entries disappeared. And so on.

I was getting messages from concerned friends, wondering if my blog had been zapped. I assured them (once I figured out what was going on) that it was Blogger-wide and not just mine. It was unnerving at first, though. I mean, some of our fellow bloggers have been summarily dumped lately, so that was my first thought.

The story is, they were doing some routine maintenance on Wednesday and the system got corrupted somehow. So they were doing various tests and repairs yesterday. As it stands now, it seems all the blogs are back, but recent entries have gone missing. They say they're restoring them along with the comments. I won't hold my breath, but at least we're back.

Anyway... if you read my entry about my adventures in book cover creation, that is no longer an issue -- the lovely Zelle has offered to design my cover for me. Thank you to Stan/E. as well for making the same offer, and to others who sent me links to designers. I love how supportive our community is!

And thank you to Chross for putting my Spanking Court report on his list this week. :-)

I'm feeling quite peaceful today. My life, at this moment, is calm and drama-free, just the way I like it. My screwy brain tells me to look over my shoulder and anticipate what unpleasantness may be rolling my way, but I refuse to listen. Stinking thinking.

Regarding the black-and-white photoshoot from a couple of weeks ago, the photographer took some impromptu shots of me with my clothes on as well, just for the hell of it. Here's my favorite:




















"Hey, lookie -- it's me!" :-D  Yes, I know my computer monitor is an antique. I don't have a flat-screen TV, either. Sadly, I haven't got the $$$ to upgrade things when their old versions are still working perfectly well.

So, welcome back, Bloggers! I felt very disconnected from y'all yesterday. Have a great weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Erica i am so happy and glad the blogger issue's are fixed for now, it was VERY annoying, that is so AWESOME that Zelle has offered to design your book cover for you :-) she doe's GREAT work just like you. I like the pic of you it's ADORABLE :-)You have a WONDERFUL smile my dear friend. Wishing you and John a relaxing and fun wekend, lot's of Love and hugs to you always from your naughty girl Jade xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade -- Yayyyyy, the comments are working! :-D Thank you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Zelle will exceed your expectations, she is amazing.
    That is one of my all time favorite pictures of you, even if your lovely bottom isn't dispayed...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppa -- thanks! Yes, she is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't technology a wonderful thing? I'm so glad that you worked things out with Zelle, since you are so compatible and of like mind.

    I'm experimenting with new technology (making the switch from PC to Mac). My brother gave me an incredible 50th birthday gift: a brand, spanking new iMac and iPad (along with a one-on-one technical support package). Is that wonderful, or what? Well, it's certainly bound to keep me occupied for a while and preventing me from spanking cravings. My big fear is that I'll never be spanked again, LOL.

    I'm so excited for you. There are so many good things happening in your sphere of the world, and I'm sure that you deserve them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana -- wow! That is some gift; what a nice brother! Have fun with your new toys... and happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, happy Friday the 13th. Grr. As I went through my list of blogs I follow there were still several not finding the most recent post. Hope everything reappears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was worried for you all in Bloggersville and am thrilled you're back. If you ever want to come over to wordpress then let me know and I will show you how to move everything in a couple of clicks .
    Friday 13th is over, now you can relax and have fun.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erica,

    That is a wonderful picture of you. I love it. I am happy that you are relaxed and feeling better about things.

    I am relieved that the blog is back and working again at least for now and hopefully fixed so this doesn't happen again. Glitches happen. It is the "corrupted" part that gives me the hebbie gebbies, if you know what I mean. That can mean many things, like hacked. Then it could just have been some funny little glitch that messed things up.

    I am so happy that Zelle is going to help you with you book cover. That is really very nice of her and I can hardly wait for this to come out. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea -- it seems the posts reappeared, but not their comments. Ah well...

    Poppy -- you know I hate change, but should it become necessary, I know who to contact! Thanks. :-)

    Bobbie Jo -- yeah, anything can happen. I don't think the whole system could get hacked, but what do I know. I'm just glad we're back! I felt like I was going through withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erica,

    You probably WERE going though withdrawl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Corrective MeasuresMay 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM

    Do you have a special pillow for that office chair when needed? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CM -- Ha! No, actually, I don't. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Corrective MeasuresMay 16, 2011 at 11:54 AM

    Does the beautiful bionic butt ever feel sore to sit on after a hard spanking? In other words, is your butt still vulnerable despite its famous tenacity about not showing its vulnerability? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm plenty squirmy on the drive home after a weekend party, or after a shoot. But I've never reached a point where I can't sit. I tend to think that if I ever had that degree of discomfort, I'd have to have sustained a great deal of damage... which I don't want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Corrective measuresMay 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM

    Indeed, "I Can't Sit Down" is most often a Kiss Me Kate protest of indignation than of actual inability to sit. I was merely inquiring if spankings do in fact get through to the bionic butt and evidently they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Erm...can I blame my long silence on blogger? Nah...did not think it will work. But I am back!! And thanks to blogger, I have lost comments received, comments that I did post went awol...


    Hugs

    Raven

    ReplyDelete