PLEASE NOTE: This blog contains adult subjects and content, and because of Google/Blogger's recent nonsense, I HAVE MOVED TO WORDPRESS. For my enlightened friends who wish to visit me in my new home, it's https://ericalscott.wordpress.com. Please bookmark it!

The rest of you? Please take your judge-y selves somewhere more wholesome, like here: www.wonderbread.com

Go on.... shoo!



Sunday, November 28, 2010

A two-fer: a clip AND a rant

I'm home... and I promised more clips, didn't I. New Guy posted a bunch of them on FetLife, but on there, only the people who "support" (read: donate money to) FetLife get to watch the videos, so many won't be able to see them.

This little clip is my favorite. I love his reactions to my big mouth. :-D


So, Thanksgiving is over. One down, one to go. Er... I mean, wasn't Thanksgiving lovely?? Oh, whatever. I'll tell you when I'll give thanks -- when John gets that @#$%ing PICC out of his arm and he doesn't have to inject those @#$%ing antibiotics any more. Just a couple more weeks... he's so miserable. :-(

You all have heard me bitch and moan and rant about the holiday season; I have nothing new to say at this point. So for those who are new to my blog, I'm reposting a rant from December 2007, just for grins. Remember all that fuss about whether you should say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"? Here's my take on that life-or-death decision. Enjoy.

Warning -- the following rant is sacrilegious. If that sort of thing offends you, please stop reading here!

I don't know where any of you stand with the dumbass controversy about whether one should say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Personally, I don't give a damn either way. I happen to say Happy Holidays, simply because it's generic and covers everything. But it doesn't bother me if someone says Merry Christmas to me. I mean, it's just a phrase. At this time of year, it's the same as saying hello and goodbye. But people make such a freaking fuss about what to say. Good grief, do people really have nothing better to whine about? I'm sure the homeless people on skid row don't care whether or not someone says Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to them.

I was watching the news the other night, and they had one of those "human interest" stories they tack on at the end of the war and the rapes and the natural disasters, just for a little feel-good moment. Apparently, some little podunk town somewhere in South Bumf**k decided they've had enough of Happy Holidays, and they're going to reclaim Merry Christmas. One merchant in this town has big signs up in the store, reading "It's OK to say Merry Christmas!" All the employees wear buttons that read, "Merry Christmas." Yes, the Christ is in red.

They interviewed the owner of this establishment, looking very righteous in her button and her loud, cheery Xmas sweater from Bobbie Sue's House of Dreck, and saying, "We need to remember what Christmas is about -- it's about Christ." She went on to say that any customer in her store who says "Merry Christmas" gets a 5% discount.

Give me a break! So now, every greedy so-and-so in that town is going to flock to that store and cheerfully say the designated phrase, just to get the discount! Some Christmas spirit, that is. Hell, I'd say Merry Christmas, or Happy Kwanzaa, or Joyous Toenail Clipping Day or whatever the hell you want me to say, for a discount.

I wonder how the owner would react if a customer came in, piled up the counter with half the store's merchandise, then said, "Merry Christmas -- now give me my damn discount."

Yeah, I know, I'm bad. Tell me something I don't know. :-)

14 comments:

  1. ROFL.... "I'm gonna help you to help it"... hahahaha!

    You two really need a "BOOM!" mic.... then again.. as hard as he's wailing on your cute booty.. all viewers will be saying "Ow! Ow! Ow!" if they heard this scene any louder than what it is! hahha!

    Love the old blog! My sentiments EXACTLY!

    Next.. do a blog about why they start shoving the holidays down our throat with the advertising damn near coming out before Halloween! Grrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Erica i LOVED your clip it was so funny hehehe you are so COOL :-) i bet your bum was on fire from all of those very hard swats OUCH,ME BAD TOO hehehe i always knew i was a bad girl too, your rant made me laugh so hard hehehe,NOW GIVE ME MY DAMN DISCOUNT,hehehe, your truly a legend my friend :-) hope John feels better soon that must really suck :-( LOL and HUGS to you both ALWAYS from your naughty girl Jade xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree , some of the questions may be stupid, however , since the answers resulted in a well blistered bottom , I question which was more stupid , the questions or the ANSWERS lol.

    Love the vid BTW wish I could be the new guy for a while . sighs

    As for the rant , I just wish they wouldnt start with the crap about a holiday until 3 weeks prior to the actual holiday !!

    Seeing christmas stuff B4 holloween and hearing the music , by dec im sick of it already !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelle -- next time, I'm turning down the music and we'll both speak up a bit more! LOL I always forget how one needs to "project" for these things. Oh, and there will be more holiday grousing to come, I promise. :-D

    OBB -- glad you liked it.

    Jade -- Legend? Nah. Glad I could make you laugh, though!

    Alan -- oh, I don't think my answers were stupid. I got exactly what I wanted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our cross-border radio station started playing "holiday" music on the radio the day after Thanksgiving. (How's that for being politically correct?) Bad "holiday" music at that. It's making the rap station sound better all the time.

    I think in Canada we are still allowed to say Merry Christmas. So far.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hermione -- (groan) Yes, the carols have begun here as well. I could take a day or so of some of them. A whole month, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the videos you recently posted. Thanks for the warning about the rant! Life is too short, so let's get back to spanking and having fun, and ignore that which bothers. Say Merry Christmas to anyone you feel like saying it to. IT's there problem if they don't like it.
    cheers
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red -- I agree. Some people need to learn how to pick their battles; arguing over a freaking holiday greeting really shouldn't be one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MOST impressive hand spanking! :) New Guy is SO about customer service, huh? LOL!

    Christmas?! Isn't it July yet? I HATE winter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly -- isn't his hand impressive? I really don't think he needs all those implements. Perhaps I'll toss his toy bag out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  11. observing a bottom change color to pink then red
    makes a "doest this hurt?' question redundant. like saying the water level is going up as the tide comes in.

    i will always marvell at the depths of christian ignorance. the end of dec. [particularly the 25] has been celebrated long before the 1st century c.e. if christians want to claim it it's fine with me as long as i get to eat, drink, and be merry. like santa claus, the easter bunny, and our gov., it's best to go with the flow and enjoy what little you have.


    best,

    ddon

    ReplyDelete
  12. ddon -- ok, YOU tell him he's being redundant. I think I'll hold my tongue for the moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erica, you are the perfect brat.

    ReplyDelete