PLEASE NOTE: This blog contains adult subjects and content, and because of Google/Blogger's recent nonsense, I HAVE MOVED TO WORDPRESS. For my enlightened friends who wish to visit me in my new home, it's https://ericalscott.wordpress.com. Please bookmark it!

The rest of you? Please take your judge-y selves somewhere more wholesome, like here: www.wonderbread.com

Go on.... shoo!



Sunday, July 17, 2011

New site reviews spanking-themed books!

We spankos know there are tons of books out there that feature our beloved fetish/hobby/whatever you want to call it -- but how do you know which ones are good? How do you know which ones are in your preferred style/orientation? Wouldn't it be nice if there were a site that did nothing but review these books, and gave readers the opportunity to post their own reviews, so that we could more easily find books we'll enjoy?

Now there is such a place -- I call your attention to Bottoms Up Book Review, a new site by Katerina (not to be confused with Katarina/Cali of Spanking Court). Because she just launched it recently, at this time it has only 17 books reviewed, but Katerina has 100 spanking books (so far) on her Kindle and promised there will be many more reviews coming.

I like how the site is set up, and it's interactive, too. In the book list, you can click on any of the books and you're taken to a page where K gives you a synopsis, her review and an excerpt. She rates each book one to five hearts (or upside-down bottoms, if you will). However, if you want to comment on her review or add your own review/rating of the book, there's an area where you can do so.

K is an equal opportunity reviewer, including both books she loved and others she wasn't that crazy about, but perhaps others may like them. She details each book's good points and weaknesses, rates the frequency and intensity of the spankings, etc.

I once ordered a popular spanking story compilation online. Upon receiving it, I was rather frustrated; a couple of the stories were OK, but most of the others weren't to my preferences. Since I'm purely an M/F aficionado, I didn't care for all the F/F and F/M, and there were a lot of stories with graphic sex, anal play, BDSM and so forth that I just couldn't get into. If I'd had a book review site like this, perhaps I could have saved my money.

Please check it out and give her your feedback! She provides an email address, her Facebook and Twitter links, and encourages people to contact her with their thoughts, suggestions of books to review and so on.

9 comments:

  1. The site looks interesting and will probably end up being helpful. I like a pretty broad range of stories as long as they're well written, but some stories are sadly atrocious! Maybe this way I can avoid buying the one that makes me grumpy for wasting my pennies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth -- I often say that just because one loves spankings doesn't automatically mean one can write well about them. :-) It's nice to have a helpful guide to some of the better stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Erica, Thank's for the information i will check it out :-) I am still waiting for my result's UGH they are going to call my dad back and my dad said if he doesn't hear from them by a certain time he is calling them back, why should those idiot's care it's not them suffering it's me :-( Have a nice day my dear friend lot's of Love and hug's to you from your naughty girl Jade xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade -- OK, hon. E-mail me later and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting about this, Erica. It is a great idea. It's about time someone did this. After all, there are sites I suppose that review novels of other kinds of stories so why not about spanking. Then, too, I would like to see some real stories about people and how they deal with their fetish, hobby (I like that term!), etc., when they knew, and how they got into the scene. That would be a neat book to read, I think, because we could see the wide variety of what people like. I would prefer it to be about people who are into spanking and not BDSM stuff. Most of them don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbie Jo -- I agree that it's long overdue. We have soooo many spanking-themed sites, and sometime bloggers will review a book or two, but I have never seen a site dedicated to spanking book reviews. I can see how one could discover lots of enjoyable reading!

    Lea -- oh, do. She already has some interesting reviews up; I hadn't heard of any of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reference. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Craig -- it was my pleasure. Katerina is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete